kavalthurai ungal nanban reviews– A common man has to pay a huge price to the police force, Kavalathurai Ungal Nanban has a clear message conveyed in an unethical manner, a crime thriller which is the street of National Award winning writer and director Vettimaran who presents the film.
In the 90s, the ‘Idhu Thanda Police’ showed how police can ruin someone’s life. One is not sure if the makers took a leaf out of that book, but the film is made in a unique way and captures your heart.
Based on a true-to-life event, director Ranjit Manikandan, who wants to be known by a pseudonym, RDM, has kept the story simple and let the audience go from there. Prabhu (Suresh Ravi) plays the role of a food delivery man and his life goes for a toss when his vehicle is snatched by the police on alleged charges. He is bent on reclaiming the vehicle because his livelihood depends on it. Just when he hands over the vehicle, an unexpected turn to the plot ensures that the vehicle is still elusive to him. What will happen next? Does he fix his vehicle, making up the rest of the plot, which thickens every second to the climatic stage.
In just the second film, lead man Suresh Ravi was supported by dubbing artiste actress Raveena Ravi, who is very similar to Lakshmi Menon. The actress shows us a gamut of emotions, reflecting her character accurately.
Ravi has done a commendable performance. Full points to the director for not showing the police force in a completely bad light by remembering the various sacrificial moments of the law force in recent times.
Broadly speaking, the mime is the life and soul of the Gopi plot, bearing the fear that the police should be grounded in its powers for material gain. The unwritten message is that a common man in the hands of the police department is just a puppet who presumably abuses power. The conflict between the common man Ravi and the aggressive policeman, Gopi, is presented in a calm manner.
Coming into the performance, though Suresh and Raveena did zealous acts, Mime Gopi threatened to steal the thunder as the menacing cop.
The statement is entertaining, for the most part. The second half, in particular, is emotionally fraught. The film captures emotions in the right mix. Adith and Soiriya’s musical score is anointed by Keith Vishnu Sri’s masterful camera work and subtle editing by Vadivel and Vimalraj.
- Live Updates | Tiger Outside Cut at PGA With 6 Holes to Play | Sports NewsTULSA, Okla. (AP) — The Latest on the second round of the PGA Championship (all times local): Tiger Woods has hit the homestretch at Southern Hills with the weekend on the line at the PGA Championship. Woods was one shot under the projected cut of 4-over par when he took double bogey on the par-3 […]
- North Carolina Police Officer Saves Autistic Child in Creek | North Carolina NewsSYLVA, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina police officer is being hailed for saving a 4-year-old autistic boy who authorities say was “up to his shoulders” in a fast-moving creek. The Sylva Police Department says on its Facebook page that the parents of the child called this week to say their son had wandered away […]
- Dartigue to Serve as Maryland’s Next Public Defender | Maryland NewsBALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore’s top public defender has been appointed to serve as Maryland’s next public defender. Natasha Dartigue, the acting district public defender for Baltimore, will serve a six-year term beginning July 1, the Office of the Public Defender’s board of trustees announced Thursday. Dartigue has been with the agency charged with representing defendants […]
- Wind Energy Plants in Kansas, Iowa Closing, Could Reopen | Kansas NewsHUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) — The Siemens Gamesa plants in Hutchinson, Kansas, and Fort Madison, Iowa, will be shut down and most employees will be laid off this summer, company officials said Friday. The company, which is based in Spain, said the plants could reopen if market conditions improve, The Hutchinson News reported. The 171 employees […]
- 3 Shot, 1 Hurt in Hammond High Graduation Shooting; 1 Arrest | Louisiana NewsHAMMOND, La. (AP) — Three people were shot and one person was injured in the resulting chaos that followed as the Hammond High School graduation ceremony late Thursday ended at Southeastern Louisiana University, authorities said Friday. Trent Thomas, 20, of Hammond, was arrested shortly after the shots were reported around 8 p.m. He faces three […]